Register to Vote
To register to vote online, eligible voters can use Maryland’s Online Voter Registration System.
To register in-person, eligible voters may complete a voter registration application at any time at the following locations:
- Your local board of elections;
- The State Board of Elections;
- Your local Department of Health office;
- The Maryland Department of Human Services local offices;
- The Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) offices;
- Your local Area Agency on Aging office;
- The MTA Paratransit Certification Office;
- All public institutions of higher education;
- Recruitment offices of the U.S. Armed Forces;
- Marriage license offices; and
- Offices for students with disabilities at all Maryland colleges and universities.
Same-day, in-person voter registration is available during the early voting period and election day. Check the Maryland Board of Elections website to see the list of documentation you may need to bring to the polls.
Updating Your Registration/ Party Affiliation
To update the NAME and/or ADDRESS associated with your voter registration, you can:
- Use Maryland’s Online Voter Registration System to update your current voter registration record
- Notify the local board of elections where you currently live if your voter registration information has changed
- Complete a change of address form at the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration*
- Send changes on a voter registration application or on any signed written notice
*If you complete a change of address form at the MVA, this information will automatically be sent to your local board of elections for processing, unless you indicate that you do not want to change your voter registration information.
For the 2024 Maryland Primary elections, you can also update your address in person during early voting or on election day.
To change your PARTY AFFILIATION you can:
- Use Maryland’s Online Voter Registration System to update your party affiliation
- Submit a new voter registration application
- Submit a signed written request to your local board of elections.
The deadline to change your party affiliation and vote in the Maryland Democratic Primary on May 14, 2024 is Tuesday, April 23, 2024.
To learn more about voter registration and election information, visit the Maryland State Board of Elections website.